NTU-University Scholars Programme (NTU-USP) is open for the academic year 2018-2019. Scholarships are awarded to outstanding freshmen pursuing full-time undergraduate programmes in NTU.
The Nanyang Technological University is an autonomous research university in Singapore. NTU is consistently ranked amongst the world’s best universities in all of the major college and university rankings and is regarded as one of the top universities in the world.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Scholarship Description of University Scholars Programme NTU in Singapore 2018:
Application Deadline: Varies
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time undergraduate degree programme in NTU.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The NTU-USP Scholarship covers up to the normal programme duration on condition that the scholarship holder maintains a record of good academic performance and exemplary conduct.
- Full coverage of subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant ).
- Living allowance of S$6,000 per academic year for all semesters except in the semester of the NTU-USP Study Abroad Programme.
- Book allowance of S$500 per academic year.
- Accommodation allowance of up to S$2,000 per academic year (applicable to scholarship holders who reside in NTU hostels only).
- Computer allowance of S$1,500 (one-off).
- Settling-in allowance of S$250 (one-off).
- Travel Grant of S$5,000 for an overseas study/attachment programme (once only) subject to terms and conditions in the Travel Grant Form.
- Overseas benefits in the semester of the NTU-USP Study Abroad Programme (structured exchange programme):
Enrolment and tuition fees at partner university
Return airfare and transportation to/from partner university (one off)
Overseas accommodation and living allowance at partner university
Visa and health insurance costs
No bond is attached to the NTU-USP Scholarship apart from the three-year bond applicable to all Singapore PRs and international students under the MOE Tuition Grant Scheme.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Singapore
Eligibility for University Scholars Programme NTU in Singapore 2018:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to all nationalities.
- Open to all nationalities.
- Successful awardees should read a full-time undergraduate degree programme in NTU and be on the NTU-University Scholars Programme (NTU-USP).
- Possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level, Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications.
- Excellent co-curricular records.
- Strong leadership qualities and potential.
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Application Procedure for University Scholars Programme NTU in Singapore 2018:
How to Apply:
The same application period for admissions applies. Scholarships are awarded based on competition amongst shortlisted candidates. Applicants are required to submit their application for admission before submitting their application for the scholarship.
Applicants with the following qualifications:
Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore
NUS High School Diploma
- The scholarship application form can be found at the link ‘Apply for Scholarship’ at the end of your online application for admission. You are required to login with the application number assigned to you. If you have reserved an undergraduate degree programme in NTU, you can login here to access the scholarship application form.
- Applicants are required to submit the following after completing your application form:
Upload a recent passport-size photo (digital image).
Submit a referee’s appraisal online. The appraisal is to be completed by your school teacher, who must not be your family or relative. After you have submitted your scholarship application, you will be provided with a URL to be forwarded to your school teacher. When you are passing the link to your teacher, please inform him/her of your NTU application number and Date of Birth, as he/she will need the information to submit the appraisal online.Your school teacher is to complete the online appraisal form and submit it within 7 days of your scholarship application. If your teacher is not able to submit it online within 7 days and needs more time, please inform him/her to submit as soon as possible (preferably not more than 3 weeks from your date of scholarship application). Note that only one appraisal may be submitted online to support your application.